Saturday 1 June 2013

Just Because........I love yarn.



Good Morning !!! I hope as you are reading this that I'm sat on the beach at Brean, maybe with some crochet and enjoying some of this yarn I'm about to show you.

I've no particular reason for writing this post apart from, I love yarn!!!!! I love the different textures, the softness, the rainbow of colours and the list goes on. I was looking at the recent photo's I'd put on IG so I thought I'd share them on my blog too.

I fell in love with this Rowan Fine Art which is a hand painted sock yarn made with merino, kid mohair and mulberry silk, it is as soft as it looks on this photo. They had some gorgeous muted tones but I was just drawn to this brighter palette called Serin.

My other recent purchase was some Drops Merino Extra Fine DK, which was on offer at £2 for a 50g ball of pure merino. This was a bargain but even at it's regular price of £3.10 it is great value compared to other brands of merino wool, I buy my Drops yarn from Wool Warehouse as they stock the full range.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but just the love these colours together after seeing and been inspired by this post from Lavender and Wild Rose. If you love crochet and pretty things, check out Jen's blog, you won't be disappointed.


Some more Drops merino, my friend, Kerry and I are planning to have a mini Crochet Along (CAL), we both wanted to do a daisy style granny square blanket. We've got the yarn ready to go and will start it when Kerry has finished her latest WIP.

This my colour choice, I've been playing about with patterns and variations, I think we are both happy with this pattern which is a mash-up of two. I'm just not sure yet whether to add some plain granny squares in too or which square to use, yet. I might even use both of them, decisions, decisions.



This is the last photo of my yarn obsession, a friend has asked if I would crochet her some bunting in pastel/ice cream colours. These were the two choices I gave her with the yarn I had, she decided on the bottom colours, a mixture of lemon, mint, raspberry, cotton candy blue and strawberry, mmmm, sounds delicious.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx


8 comments:

maree said...

Lovely choice of yarn! I went mad in the Drops Sale, too. I even consider buying some mor now, thanks to you. The online shop I'm ordering from has extended the Supersale until 9th June...

And the Rowan Fine Arts looks just delicious!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such beautiful colors!!

Lynnda said...

beautiful colors... Im learning how to knit... just started... i was so inspired looking at yours... I just got to learn!!!... hugs...x

Ros Crawford said...

Whether you use them or not ... don't hey look pretty just sitting there! Bunting sounds interesting ... Hope you enjoyed your day!

Unknown said...

You wouldn't say Deb, lol! You probably have enough yarn to crochet or knit your way all the way from the UK to our tiny country by now ;-) But when I see all the amazing things you create with those fine yarns, I'd like you to keep on buying even more! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Hazels Crochet said...

I love all of your yarn, even if slightly jealous. All those colours are so you! your CAL sounds much fun!

Juls said...

It all looks just scrummy beautiful colours, cant wait to see what you do with it! Hugs Juls

Stefanie said...

These color palettes are so you.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...