Sunday 18 November 2012

Addicted to CAS Challenge #1...........A Snowy Christmas Wreath Card.




Hello Guys, I hope you all had a good weekend, I wanted to let you all know that there is a new challenge blog that started up on Saturday, it's called Addicted to CAS and as the name suggests, it's all about clean and simple.
My lovely friend Joanna is the Guest Designer and is also sponsoring this month's challenges, this week you could win a $20 gift card for the Inspired by Stamping Store.

This week's challenge is SNOW. 




I used my new Penny Black stamp that I got from the craft show last week for the bargain price of £1,  that's what I call a bargain !!!!!
I added some mica flakes and glitter to the wreath for the snowy effect, I love to see snow on my wreath that hangs on my front door, not that it snows very often at Christmas in the U.K. I also added some little red gems for the berries.It was really hard to get a photo that showed up the "snow" but I hope you can see it is there, IRL, you can see it better.
I think I might be making more CAS cards now I've found this new challenge site, I created 6 of these cards in the time it would take me to create one of my normal style cards.

Supplies
Stamps- Penny Black, IBS Christmas Greetings.
Pretties- Hobby House rhinestones, MF mica flakes, SU glitter.

Thanks for stopping by.
xxxxDebxxxx


13 comments:

Stella said...

Deb this is simply stunning! A classic combo of red and green but the way you used it makes it fresh and modern. Love this!
XXX

Hazels Crochet said...

I love how simple but beautiful this is :)

abc said...

Great job!

Greatings Daniela

Patrice said...

Perfectly CAS Deb, love your wreath. Thanks so much for joining our very first challenge over at ATCAS, hope to see you back again soon.

Kylie said...

It's so good to see you here Deb! This is perfectly CAS and the colours are bright and I love it! Thanks so much for playing in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeee that wreath!!!!!

thesnailgarden said...

A beautiful card, Best wishes, Pj x

Lynnda said...

beautiful card Deb!!! hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Deb - beautiful card. Thanks for joining our first challenge at ATCAS.

Karen x

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!! I must take a look at the new blog ... I love the CAS style ... even though I don't do many ... Your card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for joining us for our first ever challenge at Addicted to CAS with this fabulous card, I was totally blown away by its beauty, thank stamp may have been only a pound but you have turned it into a priceless work of art.

Marie

Stefanie said...

This is one of your best, Deb! So clever to use gems for the berries. Love the "snow."

Paperesse said...

What a lovely card! So simple, and yet...absolutely stunning.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...