Tuesday 27 November 2012

Tuesday's Tallies..........Knitted Owl Wrist Warmers.



Hello there, I hope you had a good weekend, I'm back today but my One a Day is on hold until I've finished all my Christmas presents. My secret project is completely finished which was my largest gift to make.
This week I have made a pair of Owl Wrist Warmers from this month's Mollie Makes.


It was such a quick knit, though it didn't tell you how much yarn you need, so if anybody decides to give it ago, you need 100g of chunky, I used Rowan Cocoon in Mink, instead of using buttons for the eyes, I stitched them on using black yarn and a French knot.
If you hop on over to Carole's blog, you can check out what the other ladies have got on this week.


This week I will be starting another Austen Capelet but this time in a beautiful red merino wool, this is towards my little niece's Christmas present.


Before I go, I'd like to share a few photo's from my weekend, on Friday, Mick and I went to the German Market with some friends.
It was a beautiful winter's day, cold, crisp and the sun was shining, just perfect for wandering around the market, all wrapped up.
We went on the Big Wheel.




I went on the carousel for the first time in years, since my girls have grown up.



 We then wandered around the market, looking at all the beautiful stalls, enjoying  the wonderful smells from the food and drink stands. We stopped at a couple to buy a mug of Gluhwein, just to warm ourselves up, of course.







On Saturday a few of us went to my friend Diane's house, to celebrate her birthday. What a fabulous day, she had a beauty therapist at the house and she treated us all to a treatment. I had the most divine Indian Head massage. We chatted, laughed, had lunch, drank champagne then finished off with Afternoon tea, isn't the tea set, just gorgeous ?


When I got home, Paige had put our Christmas tree up, I know it's fairly early, but we just love Christmas so make the most of it for as long as we can.


Thanks for looking, it was a bit of a long post, so thank you for sticking with it. Have a good week, I'll be back soon.

xxxxDebxxxx

18 comments:

maree said...

The Owl warmers look handsome, if only I was able to use DPN's without shouting at the needles like a mad woman...

Hey and I had a look at your pictures before reading and thought: My, that market looks quite German... the organizers certainly did a good job. Hope you enjoyed your Glühwein. I tried it once or twice but never was particularly fond of it. That may be because I can't stand red wine... Should I give white glühwein a try then? ;-)

Joanne said...

Those Owl Wrist Warmers look gorgeous and that wool looks super soft! I bet they will be a very loved present. I like the idea of the french knot instead of buttons, as they can catch on things. xx

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous wrist warmers! Can't wait to see what your secret project is ... you've got me intrigued! Love the photos ... I keep saying I will do one of these markets sometime ... but then the time just goes ...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I am IN LOVE with those owl warmers!!! I need some!!!! Sooooooooo beautiful!!! LOVING the photos from your weekend!! Looks like you had a ton of fun and loveeeeeeeeeee your tree!!!!

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Ooh I wish I could knit, so so cute! The market looked fabulous too!
Victoria xx

Sarah said...

A birdie told me that my mom's going to knit me those wrist warmers - as soon as she gets the right size pins! Haven't been to the market yet - you really had a good day for it!

HeidiInHolland said...

I love the owl wrist warmers...how adorable! And I cannot wait to see that gift since I do know what you were making. :-)

I love going to the Christmas markets. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Did you fly over or take the ferry? Christmas flies by so I think you should put up your decorations early if you enjoy them.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Your wrist warmers are the cutest Deb! And such lovely photos you've got to show us today, wonderful atmostphere! We'll in Germany next week, there are some wonderful Christmas fairs there, already looking forward to it ;-) Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anonymous said...

wonderful wrist warmers! i can't wait till my knitting is up to something like that.
It looks like you had a wonderful weeksne! some fab pictures!

Stefanie said...

What beautiful things to see Deb. You are such a fast crafter, whippin' 'dem mitts out. They're so owly cute.

karisma said...

So many beautiful pictures. I love your owl mitts, my youngest daughter would love them. I made her a hat with the owl pattern last year. Your tree is so beautiful. Looks like you all had a fun day out. xoxox

Hazels Crochet said...

Oh, what a wonderful post. I love those owl mitts, they are gorgeous. It looks like you had such fun with the day out :)

I love your girly tree too, I can't wait to get ours up :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous knitted mittens Deb! They look so soft and cozy! Love your weekend photos too. Just beautiful! Hugs! J

Julie J said...

i'm not sure about the concept of wrist warmers but your owls are lovely. Hope to see you on Saturday.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh those are so cute! You are amazing!

Looks like you had a fun weekend! You look great! :-)

Lynnda said...

I so want that Owl warmers... so beautiful !!! lovely photos Deb... hugs...xoxo

thesnailgarden said...

Gorgeously knitted wrist warmers. I too have that pattern and hope to knit some for myself. It looks like you have had an amazing weekend and your tree looks very pretty. Best wishes, Pj x

Unknown said...

Your knitted wrist warmers are so pretty. They looks so soft. And I really enjoyed your photos..

Hugs~

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...