Wednesday 13 February 2013

Nest Step Sock KAL.....my finished Crenate socks.



I'm back today, to show you my finished pair of socks for the Next Step Sock KAL over on Ravelry, it didn't start off to well, after having to frog the first pattern, I started.

After looking through my magazines for another pattern, I chose the Crenate socks by Rachel Coopey which I thought were ideal for a newbie sock knitters, like myself, as it didn't look too complicated. It still took me to the next step with sock knitting though as I'd only done stocking stitch before and these had a pretty lace pattern.

I used The Natural Dye Company Dazzle Sock, that I had from the December YOTM club, they are so soft and comfy to wear on these cold days, I can see why people love to wear hand knitted socks, I'll be definitely starting another pair soon, I didn't realise how many different methods there were for knitting socks. I think I may have to invest in a book, I'd appreciate any suggestions for a good, simple to follow book with different techniques and patterns.


There are a few people who have finished their first pair so check them out over on Sarah's blog, Crafts from the Cwtch.


Back soon
xxxxDebxxxx

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Yay!! They look so pretty! and I bet they are really cosy too ... Well done to you!

thesnailgarden said...

Very impressive! They look gorgeous. Best wishes, Pj x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY!! They look so warm and cozy!!!

Sarah said...

They look so cosy. Gorgeous

Juls said...

they look cosy!! Hugs Juls

Lynnda said...

impressive indeed Deb.... hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of this yarn and the pattern! Looks very elegant together!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a lovely finished pair.. The pattern shows perfectly!

PatsyPoo said...

They're so nice and feminine, I love them! The book that got me started on socks was Sensational Knitted Socks, by Charlotte something. Sorry, I can't remember her last name. I want to say Schuh but I don't know... Toe up, top down. All patterns are written for 2circs, 3dpns and 4dpns and to suit a range of tensions. I used it so much that mine is battered!

Unknown said...

Oh how nice, warm and comfy your socks look Deb, well done!! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

These are so pretty Deb! I can imagine them being worn with heeled Mary Janes Downton style!

Unknown said...

That is so cool. I think they turned out amazing..

Hugs~

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

As always, beautiful knitting and lovely photography too. xxx

Joann said...

those are so pretty and they look nice and warm! Great job! xoxo

cherry said...

my little piggies are cold.....I want a pair! These are lovely!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...