Friday 1 February 2013

Next Step Sock Knit-a-long........Week 2.

Hello there, just a quick post today, it's week 2 of  Crafts from the Cwtch Knit-a-long, and I haven't got much to show you...........


You might be thinking that I'm on my second sock but you would be wrong, this is the first sock that I started last week.

I was nearly to the toe when I realised my sock didn't look like the photo on the pattern, I still had the lovely diamond rib but no pattern inside of it. I had to frog the lot as the pattern was just too complicated to go back so many rows.

I was gutted, as I spent many hours on them, I love the pattern so I have started again. I'm just hoping it was my mistake and not the pattern because if I do all that knitting again and it's still wrong, I think I might throw them through the window.

Haha, it's suppose to be my stress free hobby, anyway fingers crossed, I'll have a sock finished by next week. My husband said, wouldn't it be easier to buy a pair from Primark !!!! Men, they just don't get it !!!!


Check out everyone else's progress, this week, here.

Have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx


8 comments:

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Oh I hope so too!!! I hate it when that happens - I once knitted to the end of an entire 'poncho' pattern with only a shoulder-length garment before realising that I was knitting on the wrong needles and had to frog the whole thing! (I will hasten to add that I hadn't been knitting long at that point!)

Best of luck with the second attempt xxx

Unknown said...

Oh I do hope its not an error in the pattern, such a bummer having to frog all that way but by next week you'll have it done just wait and see !

Joanne said...

Hope is was just a small error and not a pattern problem!! That pattern does look so gorgeous!!
Good luck xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry that you had to start over! :( I am sure that you will get it this time :)

Unknown said...

Oh what a nuisance that must have been Deb! But hopefully it's worth it in the end once it's finished. And don't worry, my DH would react the same as yours ;-) Have an enjoyable weekend, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened. Chalk it up to an oopsies. it will look more fantastic than the first sock which is the upside.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness ... never mind ... I know they will be lovely in the end ... and no ... men just don't get it!

PatsyPoo said...

I really feel your pain. I had to frog my second because I was knitting the leg from the first chart again - it's a mirrored design. I hope it works out for you this time! Thankfully, my husband 'gets' it as he's had a few pairs knitted for him and he's always asking for more.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...