Friday 22 February 2013

Ray of Light Shawl............by Suzie Johnson.

Whoo Hoo. it's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm back today to share with you, what's on my needles, this week.


I've had this beautiful yarn in my stash for sometime, with nothing in mind to use it for until I kept seeing that quite a few people on Instagram were knitting a shawl using Rowan Kidsilk Haze and a DK yarn.


It is the Ray of Light shawl by Suzie Johnson, another great pattern, I made the The Kendall Mint Cake Cowl by Suzie, last week, you can see my cowl, here. Suzie has some great patterns, that are fun and a little bit different to other patterns on the market.

I used Rowan Cashsoft for my DK, the pattern says Rowan Wool Cotton but I would have thought most DK's would work. I've used the 3.75mm needles for a tighter knit and will change to circulars soon as it's getting too wide for my short needles.

This pattern will become one of my all-time favourite patterns, it is such an easy knit but looks gorgeous and is so soft, it will be perfect for cool summer nights to just wrap around you shoulders or used as a big scarf wrapped around the neck during the winter months. A good all-rounder.

After knitting lace pattern socks and cable knitting, it is so nice to just sit and knit without keep looking and concentrating on a pattern. I will be definitely making another one in a different colour. I would recommend this pattern to anybody, from a beginner to intermediate, who just wants a quick, easy knit.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend, I'll be back soon.
xxxxDebxxxx




10 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Such a pretty shawl - love the soft pink and the different yarns! Beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the color!!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous yarn ... this is going to be beautiful!!

Juls said...

beautiful! Hugs Juls

Drie Hoog said...

It's so beautiful, soft and lush and... Wow! I realy like the mix of yarns and the colour is gorgeous. I bookmarked the pattern, and will put it on my 'wish'list (and that's way to long already:-))

Unknown said...

This looks so pretty. I just love the soft and pretty color you used here.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Oh those fine soft pinks, you'll be creating something totally pretty again Deb! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

karisma said...

Very pretty. xox

thesnailgarden said...

How pretty! I love Rowan yarns as they are so soft. Looking forward to seeing the finished item. Best wishes, Pj x

Stefanie said...

OMG! These yarns are so beautiful! And the pattern!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...