Tuesday 19 February 2013

Addicted to Stamps Challenge...... Vintage.



Hello there, I'm back today with a card for Addicted to Stamps challenge, Kylie asked Inspired by Stamping and all the D.T. if we would like to be Guest Designers for the week.
How could we refuse this fab weekly challenge site and this week's challenge is Vintage , my favourite style !!!!
Here's the card I made for the challenge.


I started off by die-cutting the edge of the card with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Distressed Doily Edge Die and also cut some patterned paper to cover the base card.

I stamped one of the frames from the IBS Just Beause stamp set and the sentiment from IBS Birthday Wishes, finishing off with Inspired by Stamping Crochet TrimIBS Flowers, buttons and pearl swirls.

I hope you get chance to play along with, this week's challenge, just add your creation to the link over on Addicted to Stamps challenge blog.

Enjoy the rest of your week.
xxxxDebxxxx

19 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love the tiny pop of red! Beautiful card~

Loll said...

Love the partial doily shaped card ... especially with the newsprint - so perfect! Great rose posie. Thanks for joining us as Guest Designer at Addicted to Stamps & More! Loll xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the doily edge and love love love the flower!!!

Juls said...

utterly stunning!! Hugs Juls

Kashi said...

That is so pretty, I really like it.

Joanna said...

So beautiful Deb! Hugs, Joanna

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb. Such a beautiful card. Love how you have used the news print to make your doily. Fab idea. Great to have you joining in the ATS&M Challenge this week.
Regards Florence x

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!!! This has to be one of my favourites ... everything about this is pure eye candy! I love it!!

Unknown said...

This is one gorgeous card. I love the die cut book paper. Such a smart idea.

Hugs~

Hazels Crochet said...

Oh this is stunning Deb, I love what you have done with the book paper....gives such a lovely effect.

Nonni said...

I adore this kind of vintage cards -full of details but not "overly stuffed". Stunning card!

Nicole said...

Beautiful Deb!

Sue Lelli said...

You just nailed the challenge, Deb! LOVE that Tim Holtz doily edge (I own it, too!) and LOVE your selection of paper, that mat, and the flowers! Just GORGEOUS!

Danielle Vincent said...

I love that newsprint doily and the dainty flowers. A gorgeous vintage card. Thanks so much for being with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Unknown said...

You always make the most delicate of cards Deb, so well put together again, fab doily edge! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Kylie said...

That beautiful cluster of flowers is the perfect topper for this wonderfully vintage card. I love that doily edge die and the lovely pearl flourish! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATSM! xx

Susanne said...

Gorjuss!!

cherry said...

HOly cow....gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nessie said...

Hello,
It is such an amazing project-and one of the reasons why I decided to buy the Tim Holtz distressed Doly Die. Now I am so disappointed. I tried so many different cards and papers and not one material was cut properly by the die. I tried baking parchment between die and card/paper. It helped a bit - but no way I could say, it was properly cut.
Do you have anysuggestions?
Thanks for your help,
Nessie

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...