Wednesday 6 February 2013

WIP Wednesday......Change of Plan.



Hi, I'm back today with my WIP, as you know last week I was struggling with the Regency Sock pattern, I'd nearly got to the toe and realised mine looked different to the actual pattern, so I frogged it. I started again, did about two inches, made another mistake, so very frustrated with myself I decided to try a different pattern, without cable stitches.

I really wanted to knit at least one pair of socks this year, as it's something I've never really tried before apart from a really simple pair from a Rowan knitting kit. I had a look through my magazines and decided on the Crenate Socks by Rachel Coppey in The Knitter Issue 51, so using the same yarn, I cast on, again !!!!

I'm a determined person and don't give up easily and with lots of concentration and reading the pattern over and over again, I got into this pattern much easier than the last. I have now finished my first patterned sock and well on the way to finishing the second one.


I've enjoyed knitting these so much and been part of The Next Step Sock KAL organized by Sarah, has really helped with lots of encouragement and advice.

I think I've been bitten by the sock bug, luckily, Evelyn has started a Sock Bug Kal over on Ravelry so will be surely joining in with that KAL, too.

I have just been concentrating on socks for the last week, so Olivia's little cardi has been put on the back burner but I will get back onto it as soon as I've finished my first pair of socks.


I've finished the front and back so just have to knit the arms and button band, it will definitely be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for stopping by, for more WIP's check out Tami's blog.

xxxxDebxxxx

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Socks are so addictive, aren't they? My aim to have a draw full of only hand knit socks, one day! They are so comfortable once you get the right fit.

Terra said...

Your socks are so lovely. But the cardi is the best! I love it! Have a good week! Sabine.

thesnailgarden said...

I had to laugh at this post as you sounded so much like me! :) I won't let anything beat me either! I haven't tried knitting socks, but I'm sure they will appear on my needles one day - when I have finished my many other planned projects! Beautiful cable pattern on the cardigan. Best wishes, Pj x

Unknown said...

Well done on not letting it beat you and you will soon have two toasty warm feet. Great sock and they are extremely addictive to knit.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeee it!!!!! You go girl!!!!

Unknown said...

The sweater will be precious. Good luck on finishing the sock.

Unknown said...

The sweater will be precious. Good luck on finishing the sock.

Unknown said...

You are an amazing knitting artist Deb and you knit so quickly, too, wow, love the socks and that little cardigan is way too cute! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Karen said...

Your sock looks great! I love the cardigan.

Jazz said...

You have all my admiration, the sock looks amazing.

Hazels Crochet said...

your sock looks great, and you have lots of determination! Though your sock reminds me of the pretty socks I used to get when I was a little girl!

bookworm-Mary said...

Such a cute little cardi you are making!

Barbara said...

Love your socks, Deb, and am glad you found a solution that works.

Had to laugh at your title. Where knitting's concerned, my favorite (and most used?) phrase is, "Change of plans!"

Stefanie said...

Sorry you had a time times two with the Regency. How frustrating for you. Smart of you to switch that so you'll be happy and successful. This first sock is awesome! You go! Love the vintage mint of the sweater.

Martha Herrera said...

You are amazing! Love everything you make!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! Your sock is so lovely!! As is the cardigan ... clever girl!

kikie said...

beautiful half pair of sock! both projects are looking lovely.. love the colors and textures.

Unknown said...

How awesome is that.. I have promised myself someday I will knit a pair of socks. We shall see. Yours looks amazing my friend. I love it.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...