Tuesday 28 September 2010

Create Free Day 1 & 2

Yesterday was the start of the 10 day minibook workshop over at Crafty Templates  and Day 1 is Creating With Texture. We are shown how to make the front and back covers using fabric and anything else you wanted to create texture,I love how my flower embellishment turned out and will definitely be making some more.I started off with a plain white Prima flower and stamped it with my favourite script stamp from SU,I added a TH watch face and a Websters Page Sparkler.The bottom layers are velour,printed canvas and tulle.I've choosen to work landscape as all my photo's are landscape.I used postcards instead of bingo cards to make the covers as I've used some of my favourite photo's from our Paris trip,so the title is "Carte Postale From Paris". I think the back cover needs a bit more black on it to match the front,what do you think?






Day 2 is Getting Down The Basics so today is about consructing the basic inside pages of the book adding the photo's and patterned papers. The inside pages are 6x4 so I decided to use the Prima Annalee 6x6 paper pad so it was nice and easy to trim to size and the patterns are smaller so is good for a minibook.


Back Soon
xxxxDebxxxx

7 comments:

Ros said...

Fabulous Deb ... Love the Paris theme ... just my dreamy style ...Pink, black, script and postcards ... a pure delight!

Anonymous said...

wow deb this looks amazing. i'm hanging my head in shame as i havenm't been able to get started on this yet :(

Lisa said...

YES! I did today's class and got my inside pages done.

But yours looks fabulous - I love that cover with the postcard front - what a great idea. And to chose Paris is such a winner - makes me think I should have done that. I might have to do another one and copy you!!

I love the flower detail on the cover - it is totally gorgeous. And your choice of papers is great. Well done you! I hope to get the cover done tomorrow.

Juls said...

so so sooooooooooo gorgeous! Love the pink and black together, and yet you have created such a soft gorgeous look! so creative and fabulous! Hugs juls

Lea said...

Wow, this is looking great! That flower on the front cover is fabulous!!!

Stella said...

Deb you did a fabulous job on the first two days. I love this style; a bit of France, antique, pink, black and everything is so elegant and gorgeous. Can't wait to see more; it's lovely!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty mini book!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...