Tuesday 15 May 2012

New W.I.P..... A Starburst Flower Crochet Throw.....

Hello there, I hope you had a good weekend, I know it was Mother's Day on Sunday in some parts of the world so I hope all you Mom's had a great day.
Last week I started a new crochet throw, I was looking for a pattern which used Aran as I'd bought some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran at a bargain price of £2 a ball, there was only one ball of each colour but I knew I'd find a project to use it on.
I found this pattern in Mollie Makes issue 2, it can also be found in The Gentle Art of Knitting by Jane Brocket. It's a colourful, vintage style throw, I did have to buy the cream but this was just what I was looking for.


I'm using a 5mm hook, it grows so quickly using Aran and I'm loving the Debbie Bliss so soft and luxurious.





I'm about half way through the 60 squares now so hopefully I'll have it finished by next week so I'll be back then with all the colours I've used then.
I'm thinking of adding a border, what do you think or shall I leave it as it is, I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks for looking, have a great week and I'll be back soon.
xxxxDebxxxx

19 comments:

Stocki said...

Hi Deb...what a gorgeous blanket..£2 a ball for that yarn is amazing! Can't wait to see the Ta-dah! Jill x

HillyT said...

It's beautiful, the colours are perfect. I don't know whether it will need a border, it might detract from its perfect simplicity. I'm sure you will know when it is put together.

Linda Breedlove said...

Ohhh, this is lovely, Deb... I vote borderless.
Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These squares are so pretty, and look incredibly soft, Deb!

Unknown said...

Your squares are beautiful and i love the white i feel that will be enough in itself it will be a lovely frame for the colours already in your squares. dee x

Kashi said...

I love the squares. I made a blanket that was kind of similar and I didn't border it and I have been wishing ever since that I had. It will be beautiful either way.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!! I think you should cut off the "debbie bliss" label and use it on a lo!! That would be perfect for you!

Lynnda said...

WOW Deb.. your crochet are beautiful!!! Love the colors... wish I can do the same... hugs...xoxo

Leah said...

Look at that beautiful yarn! It's stunning. We can get it here in NZ but it's crazy expensive. Your blanket is going to be stunning!

Stel said...

Bautiful yarn, sigh...And the pattern is such a classic.

Ros said...

Looks so soft and cosy ... And maybe a pretty cream border would just finish it off ... I guess it's a personal choice ... either way it will be beautiful

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job again Deb, your crochet squares look beautiful; I'd go with a cream border, too, because then the colours would stick out so wonderfully! Ira xox

Stefanie said...

L-O-V-E!

Unknown said...

I always get excited when I see your crochet pieces.. Love the wonderful colors of this one..

Hugs~

~Tammy~ said...

Deb, this is just gorgeous! You are so talented!

Heather Rogers said...

This is going to be beautiful! I can't wait to see the final blanket. I would love to try this pattern. I think it might be easier to make the squares and put them together than to just crochet a whole blanket row by row. :)

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

LOVE! LOVE your color choices so much! Can't wait to see it all together! Just beautiful!

Lisa said...

ok, so I really have to get learning. It's on my list for the year and I've yet to make a single chain! Can you recommend any good sites? I have access to the free video lessons from Craftyminx but is that the best place to get going or can you suggest anywhere? How did you manage to learn and then get so good so quickly? I have a bit of time in June - perhaps that should be the objective for that month?

Lisa said...

ps. this is of course, divine!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...