Wednesday 30 May 2012

Whoo Hoo Wednesday.......Masking....

Hi there, it's Whoo Hoo Wednesday over at Inspired by Stamping and it's my turn to share a technique with you, I decided to show you how to mask. I love this technique, it is very simple but so effective. Masking is the technique of covering a stamped image so other images can be placed over it without them overlapping, giving a fabulous layered effect.


 Start off by stamping the images you want to use onto some scrap card, I stamped each image twice and cut out as close to the edge as possible. This is the time consuming bit but once you've done it you can keep them and use them over and over again.


Once cut out use a temporary glue on the back, I used the Quickie Glue pen which when applied and left to dry, it becomes repositionable.


I started from the top left hand corner and stamped the two largest flowers from the IBS Daisies set next to each other, I covered them with the masks and stamped the small daisy inbetween the two flowers, slightly overlapping, this image will be now look like it's in the background.I removed the masks and carried on stamping around the card, covering any stamped image with the mask that I was stamping over, as I've shown in the above photo.The little leaf I used is from Little Flowers set, .
Here's my finished card, I left some white space in the centre and added a sentiment, I also added buttons to some of the flower centres to add a bit of dimension.



You will find a new tutorial every Wednesday over at Inspired by Stamping.

Thank you for joining me, I'll be back tomorrow with the new Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge
xxxxDebxxxx

8 comments:

Kashi said...

That is really neat. I think I am going to try that.

Unknown said...

How beautiful this is Deb, really really love how you stamped your beautiful card, great masking! Ira x

Carole said...

Hi Deb, I love what you did on this card, it's stunning. There are just enough flowers stamped and the finished card is wonderful.

Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comments. Greatly appreciated. Carole xox

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!!!! This is GORGEOUS!! I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEE how you created that background!!!

Lynnda said...

WOW WOW WOW ... this card is so stunning!!! I love the stamping of those blooms ...Brilliant Hugs..xoxo

~Tammy~ said...

It's been so long since I have masked and your card is gorgeous! Thanks for the reminder to use this technique again!

Ros said...

So very pretty Deb ... Love the colors

Unknown said...

this is so pretty.. Thanks for showing how you did it..

Hugs~

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...